If you don’t know how to share Apple Music playlist, you can’t enjoy music with your friends and loved ones. We all know that sharing is caring. Being able to share music with others makes it more fun and enjoyable to listen to music.
In this article, we will explain how to share Apple Music playlists with anyone, How to share a playlist on Apple Music on iPhone, Mac, iPad, and windows. Also, you will find how to create a profile and playlist on Apple Music and other relevant FAQs.
How To Share Apple Music Playlist:
Apple Music is one of the best streaming options for music lovers. It has awesome sections of artists and tracks. This tool gives you access to millions of different songs, and artists and also gives you special unique features like lossless music and special audio. If you have created a playlist that you want to share with someone, then there are some simple steps to follow.
Now, you need to know that if you want to share a playlist from Apple Music, you have to have an Apple Music profile, then you need to create a playlist that you want to share. We assume you already have it. But, if you don’t, we share how to do that too. To know how to share your Apple Music playlist on different devices, read this article to the end.
How To Share Apple Music Playlist On iPhone and iPad:
To share Apple Music playlists you need to have an Apple Music profile first. You need to remember that those whom you want to share with will also need to have a subscription to Apple Music.
To share your Apple Music playlist on your iPhone or iPad, you have to go through the following steps. Here is how to share Apple Music playlists :
Step one: Open the Apple Music app.
The Apple Music app should already be on your device. Simply unlock your phone, then find the Apple Music app and tap on it.
Step two: Access The Library Section
After you have opened the Apple Music app, now you have to tap on the “Library” to open the library section.
Step 3: Tap on the “Playlists”
Taping the “Library” will lead you to something like the image above. Now tap on the “Playlists” section. Here you will see all the playlists that you have created. Now move to the next step.
Step 4: Open the playlist and tap three dots
If you have already created a playlist that you want to share, simply tap on that playlist. Now you will find the “three dots” menu icon at the right corner of your screen.
Step 5: Tap On “Share Playlist
Tapping the “three-dot” will show you a menu bar like the image above. Find the “Share playlist” option and tap on it.
Step 6: Choose where do you want to share
Tapping the share playlist option will show you different apps at the bottom of your screen. Now simply choose where you want to share your playlist and tap. If you want a link to your playlist, then just tap copy. Then you can use it anywhere you want.
How To Share Apple Music Playlist From a Mac or PC
If you are Mac or PC user, then you can also share an Apple Music playlist. The steps are pretty much similar to the iPhone device. For this, you have to use the Apple Music website. The procedure has been stated below.
Step 1: Open Apple Music or iTunes.
For macOS open Apple Music, if you are a windows user, open iTunes. Or you can also visit the Apple Music website on any platform.
Step 2: Click Library
Here you will find “Playlists”
Step 3: Click Playlists and choose
Choose the playlist you want to share then click on it.
Step 4: Press the three-dots icon right over the song list.
Pressing the three-dots icon will show you a menu of different options. Ou will find “share” in here.
Step 5: Click Share
Click the share button to get different sharing options. There is a copy link option too that you can press to copy the link leading to your playlist. And finally, choose how you want to share your playlist from the available options.
By following these steps you can easily share your Apple Music playlist at any time.
Note: You cannot share a playlist on apple music if you or the person you are sharing with don’t have a profile. Also, you have to make a playlist that you want to share.
How to Create An Apple Music Profile:
To share your Apple Music playlist, you need to have a profile first. If you don’t have a profile. Sharing options won’t appear if you don’t have a profile. Here is how to create a profile on Apple Music:
- Open the Apple Music app on iPhone or iPad. (If you are opening the Apple Music app for the first time after installing iOS 11, you should also get a direct link to get started with friend sharing. So jump to step 5 if you tap this button)
- Tap the For You tab
- Tap your profile picture at the top right corner.
- Select “start sharing” with your friends and then “get started”
- Upload a picture for the profile, and type your name & user name so that others can find you. Then tap “Next”.
- Choose who can see your listening history.
- Choose who can see your playlists.
- Pick contacts with whom you want to share music.
- Toggle on/off “Friends” and “Artists and Shows” to choose which push notifications you want to receive. Tap “Done”.
- Once you have created an Apple Music profile, now you can see the options to share your playlists.
How to create an Apple Music playlist:
You can’t share a playlist if you don’t already have one. If you don’t know how to share a playlist, you may not even have a playlist. If you don’t have a playlist created, here is how to create one.
- Open Apple Music
- Tap “Library” at the bottom of the screen
- Tap “Playlists”
- Tab “New Playlists”
- Name your playlist
- Tap “Add music”
- Find the music you want to add.
On your iPhone or iPod select the music you want to add to the playlist and tap done.
You may also touch and hold a song, album, or playlist until it lifts up, then drag the music to an existing playlist or new playlist in the sidebar.
Still can’t share the Apple Music playlist with anyone? Here is what you need to know.
If you have a profile on apple play music and you followed the procedures we suggested and still can’t share the Apple Music playlist, try out these fixes.
- Takedown content and privacy restrictions. For iPhone and iPad Go to settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If enabled, turn it off ad restart your phone. Then try again.
- Disconnect VPN. If your device is connected to any VPN, apple play music may not work properly. For this, go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management.
- Look for any configuration profiles you aren’t using. Remove them. For this go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management.
- Check your time and date settings and make sure the time zone is right.
- Apple continuously keeps adding new features to Apple Music with each update. But many users complained that they could not find the share option for the playlist they have created before iOS update 14.5.1.
To get the share button back you can follow these steps below:
- Open Apple Music.
- Go to the “Library” section
- Tap on the playlist you want to share
- Click the three-dots menu in the right corner at the top
- Tap “Edit”.
- Select the “Show on My Profile and in Search” toggle.
- Press “Done”
- Now press the three-dots menu again and hopefully you will see the “Share” button again
Following these steps should already fix your problem regarding sharing the Apple Music playlist. But if still, you are having trouble solving this issue, you may have a deeper issue with your google play music profile. For further advice, you have to contact Apple support. Hopefully, they will help you to solve the issue.
So, How To Share Apple Music playlist in short?
Here is the simplest way: Open Apple Music > Library > Playlists > tap the playlist you want to share > three-dots > Share Playlist > Select where you want to share.
This is how you can share the Apple Music playlist in just a minute.
How to share a song on Apple Music:
If you don’t want to share an entire playlist but just a song, then here is the step-by-step process of it.
1: Open Apple Music app
2: Find the song you want to share and tap on it.
3: Tap the three dots.
4: Tap “Share”
5: Choose how you want to share it or simply copy the link. Done.
In this article, we tried to explain how to share apple play music with anyone. Music brings more joy and emotion when shared with others. By sharing a playlist you can help anyone to find great songs.
Even people may be impressed with your choice of music. You can also ask them to share their playlist. A person’s music choice says a lot about his personality.
Now that you know how to share Apple Music playlists, enjoy music and keep sharing. Thank you for reading this far. Let us know if you found your query in the comment section. Share with someone who is stuck with how to share Apple Music playlists